BA Design and Industry, SFSU
NASM Certified Personal Trainer since 2008
Certified Yoga Teacher since 2004 (Ashtanga Vinyasa, Hatha, Stress Management)
Certified Pilates Trainer since 2008 (BASI, Fletcher)
Lifelong family owned fitness center experience
Dance training (Samba, African, Tap, M. Graham)
- Mind Body Fitness
- Core Strength
- Comprehensive Fitness Training
- Arm Balancing
- Pilates - equipment and mat
- Strength Training
- Flexibility Training
- Stress Management
- Breathing and Meditation
I have been teaching Yoga, Pilates and Fitness professionally for over 15 years. I grew up in California with an immigrant Syrian father who owned a community fitness center and I was always inspired by how he motivated people to be their best.
I work with people who want
- to be stronger, fit and healthy
- to start a yoga or Pilates practice
- to learn handstands and other arm balances
- to rehab an injury or modify for a chronic issue
- to improve posture, balance or flexibility
- to strengthen their mind-body connection
- a holistic touch to their fitness program
My approach is to intuitively see your needs and custom design workouts that best achieve your goals. I draw from a vast well of mind-body and fitness practices, training and teaching experience. I’ve taught and trained thousands of students and clients and given numerous workshops.
I love nurturing people to achieve their healthiest, happiest selves. I find all the disciplines I study have unique essential benefits and my passion is sharing them. It is my immense pleasure to serve and discover the beauty in each individual I work with.
Let’s work together!
- “Amira is by far one of the best. She strikes a great balance. She’s able to motivate, instruct clearly, and challenge physically. You’re constantly reminded of the key points of focus so you can get the most out of your time.. I always leave feeling worked, rejuvenated, and relaxed.” -Jay C.
- “It is apparent that Amira is uniquely in tune and adapts to the needs of each student. She gives 100% full presence throughout and is genuinely interested in helping with any individual physical issues.” - Niki L.
- “Amira’s yoga classes are an amazing combination of elements: they help me regain a more zen and peaceful outlook on life, while also pushing me to get stronger and more limber. Her classes combine flexibility and introspection with serious core work and strengthening in a unique and challenging way, which I haven’t been able to find at other yoga studios (I’ve been to many in SF!)” - Amber M