- BS - UCLA - Physiological Science
- MA - USF - Sports & Fitness Management
- NSCA Certified Personal Trainer
- NSCA - CSCS Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- ONNIT Academy Foundations
- ONNIT Academy Durability Specialist
- ONNIT Academy Steel Mace Specialist
- ONNIT Academy Kettlebell Specialist
- TRX - GST
- American Heart Association AED/CPR
- Athletic Strength & Conditioning
- Steel Mace Specialist, Kettlebell Specialist, Indian Clubs, Steel Clubs
- Integrated Earth Based Movement & Mobility
- Functional Fitness, Durability & Longevity
Rich’s professional career began at San Francisco’s Olympic Club in 2000 and he also worked for a couple years as a Physical Therapy Aide and Assistant to the Athletic Trainer of the National Champion CCSF Rams Football team.
He is a former varsity level competitive athlete in both Football as well as Track & Field and also participated in Junior College Football. Rich enjoyed many years of cycling in the hills of the Bay Area prior to moving abroad in 2006, where he took up short distance running, competing in 5 and 10k races.
Rich traveled from Korea to Thailand, where he coached both Expats and locals, numerous diplomats and the current Olympic shooter for Thailand. It was in Thailand where Rich learned to Salsa Dance and became a competitive Salsa & Bachata dancer on the local scene.
Rich’s training philosophy combines is a mesh of Strength, Mobility, Power and Durability concepts. His philosophy has evolved over the years and continues to evolve with new ideas, concepts and input. He believes that all people are athletes and that becoming a better mover; moving freely without pain and activating strength at the end ranges of mobility are key to being a better athlete. His programs combine Strength Training with hints of Yoga movement that is both functional and applicable to the specific activities and needs of the client. Rich believes that the body is the primary tool and nothing else works unless it functions properly.